Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Beamed Up During a Chinese Lesson

It's been four months since I started intensive Chinese language training and I'm still enjoying it. I'm the only one in the class so it's pretty hard to sleep without being noticed. Into the sixth hour of Chinese I find that my attention span is, as the Chinese say "the size of a sesame seed". On some days I blank out for what seems like a millisecond and when I come to I see that the Chinese character I was writing when I apparently "beamed up" has a long wobbly stroke that leads right off the edge of the notepaper. The teacher is looking quizzically at me but I carry on as if nothing happened. The excitement of space travel.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It posted to the wrong day.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally figured this thing out. You have to sign up before you can comment.

8:58 PM  
Blogger calisooner said...

I do that everyday at my house

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home