Thursday, May 04, 2006

Corporate Misbehavior

I'm going to write my US Representative (fat lot of good it'll do - I know) and tell him I think corporations that let you order their service online should be required to let you cancel online. I had terrible trouble with AOL, Netzero, and several other "services" when it came time to cancel services. Emails go unanswered, ignored, and they provide no way to cancel online. Even when I called to cancel some companies (Netzero!) would take months and repeated calls to get around to stopping their automatic billing. Now, I can't get Vonage to cancel my Internet phone service. The ONLY way to cancel is to call a special phone number where you are told the wait is 30 minutes! Even at 4 cents a minute on Skype this is too long to be on a call from China. Corporations treat customers this way day in and day out - especially when it comes time to lose them. They obviously don't have a sense of ethical or moral behavior so why are they surprised when citizens have to ask Congress to mandate it?

Well, now that I got that off my chest - the weather in Shanghai is as pleasant as it can get. The past few days I've been perplexed why the sky was so clear and blue. I haven't seen this since coming to China. But a friend pointed out to me today that this is "Golden Week" when everyone had 3-5 days holiday and all the factories shut down. With the factories shut down the sky cleared!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home