Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Shanghai Bug

It's been a quiet week in Lake Webegone. G-man is off climbing mountains near Guilin and his mom is back in Peavine closing on the house. I'm not used to so much silence - but it has given me a chance to try to get caught up on emails.

The flu-like virus that struck Shanghai has hit a lot of people here and word is that it's a very tenacious bug. It took me a month to get over it and now G-man and his mom both seem to have it.

I'm still trying to get through "Dark Star Safari" by Paul Theroux. As I follow him on his trek through Africa I'm following his route on Google Earth from Cairo to Cape Town. Getting a bird'seye view of the locations he describes in his book adds an extra dimension to the story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you read "Influence, Science and Practice" by Robert Caildini? If not I would suggest it.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home