Monday, October 01, 2007

This Is Not a Bargain


Recently, I began seeing women walking around Shanghai carrying large handbags that had "I am not a plastic bag" embroidered on the side of the bag. I assumed it was a lame gimmick dreamt up by some cheapo handbag maker in Shanghai. The design was amateurish to my eyes. I later saw these bags on sale at a market in Shanghai that is full of famous brand knockoffs.

I was surprised today to find that this design is a creation of a famous luxury brand designer, Anya Hindmarch of Britain. I am even more amazed to find that women from London to Taipei have fought each other to get in line to buy one of these bags. I checked the price of the knockoffs in Shanghai - the pre-negotiation price was US$5.00

I still think a duffel bag will do fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger calisooner said...

I wonder if Elisa needs one of these.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home