Saturday, August 02, 2008

Surviving on the Road



I wandered around the Xintiandi and People's Park area of Shanghai today. The weather was not bad - no rain and below 90F. I tried relaxing at the Coffee Bean in Xiantiandi but the clatter and chatter were too much, I couldn't think or relax in that noisy place. I took bus 925 home. The walk from the bus stop to our home is a bit dangerous these days. As the city builds a subway under the street they have forced vehicles, bikes, motorbikes and pedestrians to all squeeze into a narrow area between two walls. There is no sidewalk and the buses and cars veer into the bike and pedestrian lanes in their effort to pass each other. It's a harrowing half-mile.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That street was bad enough when we were there and it was 6 lanes across. A cab might be a good idea until they finish.

11:22 AM  
Blogger calisooner said...

I vote for the taxi as well.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home