Thursday, December 02, 2010

The Veggie Pizza Effect?

This is going to sound self-serving but I can't help it. It's an interesting phenomenon that I've noticed and wondered if there was a name for it - like Murphy's Law or the Coriolis Effect etc. It happened again this week at a meeting I was at. We ordered pizza delivered for lunch. There were eight of us - me being the only vegetarian. Four pizzas were ordered - one of them a veggie pizza I requested - the rest meat. As soon as the pizzas arrived the meat eaters headed first for the veggie pizza and demolished it before I could get more than one piece. Then the meat lovers started on the meat pizzas and couldn't finish them. Of course I had paid one-eighth of the total bill - which was not cheap. But I got one slice for about $15. This isn't the first time I've noticed this. What's the deal?

So today I went to the all-you-can eat pizza buffet at Shakeys and made up for it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have noticed that the cheese pizza is the first to go when there are several choices. The best way to get around that is to take at least 2 or 3 pieces the first time. There isn't any reason to only take one as long as there is enough total to go around.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home