Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Lives of Japanese Pets

I've mentioned before that most dog and even cat owners in Tokyo make their pets wear pet clothing when they have them out in public. I'm so used to seeing dogs wearing shirts and booties that when I was back in the U.S. a couple of months ago I felt shocked every time I saw a dog running around sans clothing. It seemed a bit indecent.

The Japanese pamper if not annoy their pets with clothing, jewelry and even hats. But when I see them pushing their pets around in prams (buggies) it gets a little creepy. You look into the pram expecting to see a baby and what should appear but a little rat-faced toy poodle!

But yesterday I saw a pet that I had read was becoming popular in Japan - a giant tortoise. A man of about 60 was walking his giant tortoise in Edogawabashi Park. It's difficult I guess, to get a giant tortoise to wear clothes but the owner had done the best he could. He had bright red booties on the poor creature.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing that would be exercised while walking this pet would be your patience.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Jasur said...

Yesterday i also saw that pet and i interested and Googled hoping to know type of this and age

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home