Sunday, October 23, 2005

Redskins and Ambassadors

Going into DC on the Metro (subway) this morning I was surrounded by excited people in Redskin red. On the way back into the Virginia burbs this afternoon I was surrounded by somber people in Redskin red. I'll wager that the Redskins lost today. Either that or Redskin fans are a grumpy lot. On the way into DC I overheard one of their fans complaining about Peavine U. getting to play in a recent college football championship game. "It should have been Bayou U. in that game with Hollywood State," he growled. I kept my mouth shut but quietly put a curse on his team. It worked.

Had lunch with Tom at Teaism. Edamame, ginger salad and mint tea. Not exactly Ron's Hamburgers. Tom asked what edamame was. "It's momennem without the mayo", I said.

Now I'm taking various diplomatic training in addition to reading classes. Last week we learned the protocol for dealing with ambassadors. The main point? Always make sure the ambassador is riding on the side of the car that will pull up to the curb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home