Monday, November 21, 2005

Winter Arrives

The fountains in the Sculpture Garden have been transformed into a skating rink for the winter. The leaves have been replaced with holiday lights and skating children have replaced paddling ducks. The security guards have retreated indoors along with their overused whistles.

I took a walk through Georgetown the other day to admire the old brick houses around N Street where John Kennedy used to live. Standing on a street corner enjoying the pattern of Ginko leaves on the brick sidewalk I noticed a car pull up and discharge Maureen Dowd, the New York Times columnist. She popped into her house and I walked on. Back at my apartment a couple of hours later I turned on the Chris Matthews news program and watched him interview Ms. Dowd.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That answers my question.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home