Tuesday, January 03, 2006

In Chicago

Back on the road again. Arrived in Chicago only three hours late. It took 1 hour and 20 minutes flight time and a mere 1 hour and 30 minutes for OHare Airport's crack baggage handlers to get my luggage to me. It took almost another hour for me to get to the on-airport Hilton Hotel because OHare Airport's elevators and signage are so pathetic. The elavators all look like a riot took place inside each one. Wires jutting from holes in the walls, signage broken, and too small and slow for luggage carts. So I took a 3-minute taxi ride to the hotel where an automated ATM-like "reception desk" welcomed me, took my money and spat out a door key. Now I have three hours to sleep before I fight my way back onto an airplane to China. Ahh, travel is so glamorous these days!

2 Comments:

Blogger calisooner said...

Good to hear you made it that far. Hopefully it wioll be better for you the rest of your journey.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your phone messages and will take care of it. I hope you get a little rest before very long.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home