Saturday, May 27, 2006

One Flew Over the Bird's Nest Soup

I spent much of today in a Chinese mental hospital. No, the place hasn't gotten to me to that extent but I did have a "client" that required assistance. Getting people into hospitals here is no easy task. I used to complain about US hospital procedures but now I realize we are lucky in comparison. It took three hours to get him admitted. In the ward, the patients were all in the same worn-out PJs wandering around with nothing to do. I had to go buy him towels, soap, toothpaste and toothbrush because the hospitals don't supply those here. The moral of this story is don't come to China if you have a history of mental illness, have no family or friends here, and have no money or credit cards.

More happened today but I'm too tired to write about it right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home