Friday, August 04, 2006

Round vs Rectangle

I finally got around to going to the optical shop at Carrefour to get a pair of eyeglasses for use at the computer. Momllsenem brought me my eyeglass prescriptions when she visited in June. I'm tired of peeking over my regular eyeglasses at the computer and getting a crick in my neck. I had made a stab at finding some glasses last month but I didn't like the styles that I saw - no rimless or oval lenses to be found. It was the same this time. Here was an optical shop with literally hundreds of styles and not a single one of them were my favorite oval shape. Almost every pair of frames were small, rectangular jobs.

I asked the saleslady if they had some oval frames hidden away somewhere. She chortled pitiably as she explained to me that rectangular is the style now - round is out. It was almost as if she was embarrassed for me - me standing there in my old - hideously outdated oval-lensed glasses. She turned away...to allow me privacy for my shame. I gave in and bought a pair of rectangular frames. Blue ones. The tyranny of the optician fashionistas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home