Thursday, July 20, 2006

Mike's Cheesecake

The people of Guam are about the nicest people I've met. My hosts took me by K-Mart today to get some things I can't get in China and what I noticed was how polite everyone was. Several people who walked in front of me said "excuse me"& the employees smiled with genuine pleasure and thanked me for my business. I couldn't believe it. This sure isn't Shanghai!

We had dinner at Sam Choy's restaurant tonight and Peter, the chef, was better than Wolfgang. Our appetizer was a tasty wasabi cheesecake. He fixed grilled veggies for me. Dessert was banana fritters on a stick and we washed it down with apple tea.

I had about an hour in the afternoon between meetings so I rushed down to the sea for a swim. It was like swimming in an aquarium there were so many multi-colored fish. I saw a manta ray swooping around underwater like a giant graceful bird.

What a place!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great place, I don't know much about Guam. I'll have to read up on it.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home