Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fireworks and American Idol

Five days into the Lunar New Year and the fireworks are still going off outside. The fireworks industry in the US would love to have a week-long holiday celebrated with fireworks. I don't think that's going to happen though.

Oddly enough, fireworks were banned in many Chinese cities a few years ago but, like so many other laws and regulations in China, they were just ignored.

I've been reading and studying this evening. The English-language TV channel here (Star World) has been airing American Idol all evening - around four hours of it. I'll be so glad when that show is finished for the season. I just can't stand watching people publicly humiliated.

My three-day holiday ends today and tomorrow it's back to work. Most Chinese companies will still be closed for the rest of the week so it will be rather quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home