Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Sincere Late Night Man

He seemed like a very nice man. I only spent a few minutes with him, and only over the phone, but Tom Snyder gave me the sense that he meant it when he told me to have a very good day.
I'm sad to see TV anchor and host, Tom Snyder, pass away from leukemia today.

I watched him on late night tv and listened to him on his radio program for years before I had the pleasure of being interviewed by him. Like most radio interview programs his staff had done the pre-interview a few days earlier to make sure I wasn't a lunatic and could talk. But when he interviewed me a few days later, about a book I had written, he was far and away the best interviewer I had experienced. It was just like talking with an old friend. He's been described as the most sincere TV anchor ever - and that's how I felt when the interview was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home