Sunday, March 09, 2008

String Theory Illustrated

I was reading about string theory today. It helps me take my mind off the politics back home - which you might say cries out for a diversion. Anyway, I was reading a physicists explanation of how incredibly small strings make up our universe and control its form. Not one to just accept what I'm told, I decided to test it out on my own. I coiled up the wires on my earphones, set them next to each other and quietly left the room. I even turned out the lights and waited five minutes. When I returned to the room - sure enough, the wires had repositioned themselves and gotten hopelessly tangled up. I guess those guys/gals at MIT do know what they are talking about.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to read the link you had but it hurt my brain and I quit.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home