Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pains, Planes and Automobiles

En route back to the US for a business trip I've thus far gotten only to the Pudong Airport in Shanghai. My United Airlines flight has been delayed for two hours (surprise!) so I'll miss my original connection in Chicago (surprise!) - I've been booked on a later flight to Washington DC but the margin on time to make the connection in Chicago is very thin. Don't know if I'll make it but I'm not going to bet on it.

I wasn't even sure I'd make it this far though. The taxi driver I had for the drive to Pudong began acting erratically about half-way through the hour-long trip - rocking back and forth in his seat, slapping himself in the head, and moaning as he weaved around on the multi-lane highway honking at everyone. I thought he was trying to stay awake so I stopped reading my Blackberry emails and watched him instead. About 5- minutes from the airport he suddenly let out a yelp and pulled to a screeching halt beside the highway. He leaped out of the car and ran around to the guardrail and took a whiz. Both of us relaxed a bit the rest of the way into the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home