Thursday, November 17, 2011

Amazing leap forward in toilet stall technology

I came across a wonderful invention in the New Otani Hotel in Tokyo a couple of days ago. This is a significant advance in civilization - so I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it earlier. It's a sliding bathroom stall door that eliminates the need to stand on top of the toilet so you can open the stall door inwards without falling back onto the toilet or straddling it. Of course the new technology requires instructions. Note that the diagram includes instructions on both how to close the door AND on how to reverse the process and open it. I'm proud to say I had it figured out by step 2.

Now if they can just figure out a way to raise the toilet paper dispenser to a level that doesn't require you to stand on your head to unroll it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. They have solved the toilet paper problem in China. There is a lady that stands at the entrance to the bathroom and hands each lady a SINGLE piece of paper as she enters. I don't know what you do if you think that might not be sufficent.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home