Saturday, August 27, 2005

Strange Squirrel Behavior

Walking around the DC Mall today I noticed something very strange and disturbing. The squirrels were behaving bizarrely. On the way to the Sculpture Garden from Union Station I saw a large squirrel chewing on a little squirrel. At first, I thought they were playing but when I saw blood I chased the big squirrel away so the little one could get away. An hour later, at the Sculpture Garden I saw another squirrel hopping across the sidewalk with the end of another squirrel (tail and all) sticking out of its mouth. I've never seen squirrels behave like this. Has the stress of living in DC gotten to these squirrels? Are they trying to tell us something?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we were walking down to the Lincoln Memorial, we saw some black squirrels. I had never seen them before.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home