Sunday, September 25, 2005

Spy Tour #2

I took part in a "spy tour" near the Russian Embassy. The walking tour guide explained some of the interesting spy cases that have taken place in the area near the embassy and the National Cathedral. Some years ago a tunnel under the Russian Embassy was revealed by a US traitor but its exact whereabouts is unknown. Circumnavigating the huge embassy today we could only wonder how it had been built without the Russians knowing about it.

After the tour I walked down Massachusetts to Dupont Circle - passing the US Naval Observatory along the way. I remember spotting the large circle on a map of DC when I was about 10 and wondering what it was. Today I noticed it was heavily secured and wired and immaculately maintained. This can't just be an observatory I thought. Tonight I read that the Vice President's residence is on the grounds of the Naval Observatory. That explains a lot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks as if the roaches are back.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home