Thursday, January 26, 2006

Contact and Depends

Desperate for relief from the flu symptons I went to the local pharmacy and bought Contact and Tylenol Cold medicines. These are made-in-China products of these American companies. Why was I reluctant to buy the local medicines? Because I had read a report on the large percentage of medications in China that are counterfeit brands - not real medicine at all. You never know what you are really getting. But I took the Contact and it worked. So far, no side effects. I was surprised at how cheap the medicines were - less than half the price I would have paid in the States.

Calisooner thought maybe the Homely Vegetarian Meat Balls had made me sick. But since I haven't eaten them yet, it must have been the news article that momlls sent me about a big rush on sales of Depends in China. Seems that on trains here during the Chinese New Year its standing room only - even the toilets are filled with people standing. So the solution on these long train rides to home villages is a supply of Depends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home