Monday, January 09, 2006

Strong & Bitey

The cold weather in Shanghai this first weekend kept me inside most of the time but I did venture to a couple of supermarkets to see what is available. The nearby Carrefour (a French-owned supermarket) is a multi-level museum of consumerism. I spent three hours there checking out brands.

Tonight I am munching on Australian-made “Bega” brand cheese advertised on the package as “strong and bitey”. It tastes like white cheddar cheese. I’m also munching on Lays brand “Green Tea Flavor” potato chips. Lays has a factory in Shanghai. I doubt if green tea flavored chips would catch on in the States.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had green tea ice cream so I think I might like the potato chips.

6:55 PM  
Blogger calisooner said...

They would probably catch on in the Bay Area

6:38 AM  
Blogger Pintradex said...

Glad to see you posting again.

May your cheese be ever bitey.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home