Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Oscars

Last week I went with the Big Boss to a grand opening of a company. We were zipping along with the Murkin flag on the fender and pulled up to the front of the building. When they saw us coming fireworks went off, a red carpet rolled out (I'm not kidding), dancing girls pranced over and put flowers on our lapels, executives and local govt officials welcomed us with fervor - it was overwhelming and humorous at the same time - but while this was going on I felt like I was watching this whole hoohah from above - a kind of out-of-body experience, and I thought how curious we humans are. Instead of cutting a ribbon they had us take a bow and arrow and pop huge red balloons with the arrows. Odd custom. But I thought to myself that I was glad Dick Cheney wasn't there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home