Friday, April 07, 2006

Hairball Express

I've missed a few days of blogging but it's been an awfully busy week. Every day it was 6 am to 11 pm work. We have lots of clients and officials visiting China in April and May and the workload is pretty heavy. Tonight I'm in Ningbo, a port city about 4 hours from Shanghai by bus or train.

I barely made it to the bus station in time to catch the 2:40 pm to Ningbo - it took an hour to get from a meeting on one side of Shanghai to the other. Not only is traffic crazy on Friday - it's Tomb Sweeping Weekend when families head home to visit their family graveyards for a cleanup and go to temples to burn incense.

I had the good fortune of getting on a bus with a bunch of country bumpkins that apparently suffer from motion sickness. For 3 out of 4 hours it sounded like there were a bunch of cats coughing up hairballs behind my front-row seat. I was afraid to turn around to look. Between upchucks they were expectorating all over the floor or talking VERY loudly on their cellphones telling their families how sick they were. When I finally got to Ningbo I didn't have any appetite for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home