Saturday, April 08, 2006

Please Drive Correctly

On Saturday our group of assorted foreigners were toured around a housewares tradeshow, fed, subjected to hours of speeches, and fed again. The kind hosts made allowances for my veggie diet and stuffed me with vegetables. For dinner I was presented with a heaping plate of cherry tomatoes, tofu and bean sprouts. I've never eaten 30 cherry tomatoes in one setting before. The hosts gave a chopstick-using award to the foreigner that could handle round objects best. Guess who won?

I continued to collect unusual translations while touring Ningbo. Right next to our hotel is the "Dig Gold Hotel" which is across the street from the "Worry Beauty Dress Shop". All over the city traffic signs admonish drivers in English to "please drive correctly". An interesting idea. I hope someone tries it.

This morning we are off to see Chang Kai-shek's childhood home and then a 30-min flight to Shanghai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home