Thursday, June 01, 2006

Peavine Senator

My special duty week finally ended today and I'm really really glad. Being awakened in the middle of the night by calls from kidnap victims, alcoholics in trouble with the law, and people with life-threatening medical emergencies is not my favorite thing. I really felt good about helping people in need but it's just too nerve-wracking. I feel their anguish and it's too taxing. Especially when you have to carry on your regular job at the same time. Tonight, I can rest at last.

Tonight I had dinner with an interesting man that works for a famous US Senator. He entertained me with tales of the Capitol Hill antics of the Senior Senator from Peavine. This Peavine Senator has quite a reputation in DC - not a particularly good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home