Friday, September 01, 2006

Mongolian Dogs and Shanghai Drivers

My sister sent me this story about a woman in Inner Mongolia (part of China) that was trying to teach her dog to drive when, can you believe it? - there was an accident. The stupid dog ran into a car being driven by a human. Wouldn't you know it - the authorities found the dog to be at fault. And yes, you guessed it - the authorities were human.

The day after I read the story a nurse I know said that there were 45,000 homeless dogs running around Shanghai and almost as many dog-bite cases each year. I was surprised to hear this as I don't remember ever having seen a dog running around without being leashed to an owner. Then I began to put 2 and 2 together. People in Mongolia are training dogs to drive. Almost everyday I almost get run over by crazy drivers in Shanghai. I've never seen any dogs on the streets of Shanghai. Obviously, the dogs must be behind the wheels of many of the cars on the streets of Shanghai! Next time someone runs over my foot I'll look to see if they have a wet nose.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or better yet, see if they are wagging their tail. They could just have be suffering from the pollution.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home