Wednesday, November 14, 2007

From Peavine to Wuhan

Just back from a great trip to Peavine I had one nights rest before catching a Shanghai Airlines flight to Wuhan, an industrial city on the Yangtze (Changjiang) River. I've been in meetings since my arrival but if the air is always as polluted as it looks today then this is not a healthy place. The sun has been a dull disc hidden behind smog all day. I can barely see nearby skyscrapers from my 11th floor hotel room.

While the sky is murky I'm pleased to find that many of the websites that are blocked in Shanghai are accessible from Wuhan - at least from my hotel. I'm not sure if the citizens of Wuhan have the same degree of open access to the web that I do in my international five-star hotel. I'm taking advantage of this unusual access to download as many podcasts as possible. Most of them are blocked in Shanghai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home