Saturday, November 15, 2008

In Steel Town


I'm in Pittsburgh for a couple of days of business before I head back to Shanghai. This was the first time I took the Delta flight from Shanghai to Atlanta enroute to Pittsburgh. The service was better than United's but the seating in economy was more cramped. So cramped and crowded that it was a miserable trip. I couldn't sleep at all.

I've only been in Pittsburgh a few hours but it's much more attractive than I anticipated. The fall foliage on the mountains that crowd the city have turned the city yellow and red. Christmas decorations are going up downtown and snow is expected tomorrow. On the way in from the airport the taxi driver asked me what it was like to live in Shanghai. Looking at the orderly traffic and the clear sky I told him to be thankful he lives in Pittsburgh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home