Friday, April 30, 2010

Doppelgänger in Houston

My credit card company contacted me to ask if I had been making a number of purchases in Houston in the last few days - a bottle of water for $1.50, a microwave for $80, a bunch of groceries at a store named El Mercado etc. Well, I hadn't. I've been too busy lately to drive to Houston for groceries and water.

They canceled my card and are sending me a replacement. In the meantime I have been notifying several online accounts that automatically charge to my old credit card to change accounts. It's quite a hassle. To thank me for alerting them Virgin Mobile cut off my account and told me I needed to fax them copies of my social security card, ID and proof of residence. I told them they were lacking wisdom.

There sure is a lot of credit card fraud these days. I sure would like to wring the neck of a thirsty someone in Houston that has a penchant for chorizo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Elisa Caldwell said...

Hello mate grreat blog

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home