Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Lost Cities and Quiet on the Mall

Not much happened over the holiday. I spent the time studying and reading and biking. I had to get away from the TV news for awhile - I was getting disaster fatigue. Speaking of disaster, I read this interesting article about cities that have disappeared - the greatest loss being Alexandria (Eqypt) and its great library.

The weather in DC this past weekend was perfect - 80 degrees and clear. The Falun Gong was out on the DC Mall this weekend protesting the Chinese government's killing and torturing of their followers in China. Otherwise, it was quiet. Those of us who are fortunate enough not to be flooded out or being tortured should count our blessings - and help those other folks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that library had burned. Which ancient library was it that burned?

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home