Saturday, October 01, 2005

Humidity Bad, Art Good

The heat and humidity of July and August lasted well into September but has finally given way to moderation. DC's summers are just too humid for comfort.The air conditioner is retired for the year and I can once again enjoy reading on the balcony. With all the skyscrapers surrounding my apartment building however I always feel like someone is reading over my shoulder.

After classes today I tried a new art form - audio walks. At the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museum visitors can checkout an iPod and follow an audio short story called "Words Drawn in Water" as the author takes you on a tour around the Mall. This isn't a guide to the artwork in the museum - it's a work of art in itself. The story lasts about 45 minutes and ends in a corner of the Freer Gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home