Monday, June 26, 2006

How's Your Momllsennem?

Momllsennem are in Hong Kong now. Hope it's not as muggy there as it was in Shanghai last week when they were here. This is the month they call the "plum rain" or "mold rains" period. It rains a lot and it's hot and humid. Guess that's good for plums and mold but not for humans.

After I took momllsennem to the big airport by the sea I mosied back home via the maglev train, two subways and a bus. I was sad to see them go but glad they were going to have a good time in Hong Kong.

It was back to work this morning. I enjoy the work here so it's easy to go to work. The hard part is waking up. If this were my world I'd have work start at 10 am - a civilized hour. I don't mind working until 1 am in the morning - just don't make me wake up at 6 am. At work today I was trying to do some research on obesity in China (for a client) but the article I needed was on the BBC website - which is blocked by the Chinese censors. Then I needed a online map of Shanghai but the net nannies here have the site with the best maps of Shanghai - Wikipedia, blocked in China. Even the most innocuous information is hard to come by here. I can understand why they'd want to block Jeannie's blog (subversive content) but Wikipedia?

Greyman has become the pied piper of the neighborhood. All the kids follow him around on his skateboard and he teaches them how to do all those board tricks. He seems to be fitting right in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home