Saturday, November 17, 2007

Return from Wuhan

I returned to Shanghai from Wuhan last evening via China Eastern Airlines. The economy seats were cramped beyond belief and every single seat was taken. It was the same on the Shanghai Airlines flight to Wuhan earlier in the week. The airlines in China seem to be doing well - at least on domestic routes. They don't fair so well on international routes where they face international competition. China Eastern dropped a flight to the US last year because of losses on the route.

On the China Eastern flight last night my knees were jammed up against the seat in front of me - the pain was so bad that I had to take the in-flight magazine out of the seat pouch to give me a couple of extra centemeters. During the meal I had my tray table down when the fellow in front of me decided to violently push his chair back - nearly slicing me in two. I was glad that the flight was just over one-hour in length.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home