Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Venue

G-man and I arrived in Tokyo on Thursday evening only to find that one of his bags was still enjoying the relative cool of Minneapolis. The van ride into downtown Tokyo was unusually quick - just about an hour. I hadn't slept in over 24 hours but I still couldn't get to sleep. I did the laundry at 3 am.

Our apartment is in Roppongi - in the middle of downtown Tokyo. Our 7th floor apartment has a nice view of the cityscape punctuated by Tokyo's tallest building at the Roppongi Hills shopping complex. The weather is muggy but the sky is clean and blue. My first impression this time is that Tokyo is clean and orderly - very different from Shanghai in that regard.

This is going to be interesting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the luggage made the last half of it's trip yet?

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home